Is building a remarkable online presence on your radar? It should be! Having a remarkable online presence can help you drive traffic, increase conversions, generate revenue, and more! But how do you build a remarkable online presence? Where do you begin? If these are some questions you’ve wondered or you’re looking for some pointers then you’re in the right place! We’re going to give you a few pointers that can help you along your journey of building an online presence.
There are a few things that go into building an online presence. A website that converts, industry trends, and engaging content just to name a few! In our opinion, a remarkable online presence comes down to one main step: online strategy. You need an effective online strategy to help you reach your goals!
What goes into an effective online strategy? To be perfectly honest, that depends on you! It depends on your brand and your goals as a business. There are some starting points you can reference. But, an online strategy that delivers long-lasting results should be tailored to your brand’s specific needs. Here are the best starting points to reference when building an online strategy, click on the highlighted words to view a wikipedia definition:
- Web Design: A website that converts can help generate more leads and give a better user experience.
- Social Media: It’s important to have an active presence on social media platforms because it offers so many benefits! For example, an active social media presence can help your business engage with your customers, increase brand awareness, and generate leads.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization): SEO can increase your visibility, deliver high rankings, and drive traffic.
- Reputation Management: Take control of your online reputation by monitoring and managing your online reviews. And increase customer satisfaction by letting them know you care about their concerns or questions.
- Online Marketing: When it comes to online marketing there’s several options you have! Content Marketing, PPC (Pay Per Click), Email Marketing, Conversational Marketing, and Influencer Marketing.
One thing that should be on every business’ online strategy is SEO. Unfortunately, SEO often gets overlooked because the results don’t happen overnight. However, anything that works rarely happens instantly and SEO is an important step your business needs to take. We believe in the importance of SEO so much that we are making it the topic for the rest of this post!
The number one driver of traffic to sites is search! It’s important to have high rankings because 75% of users never click past the first page of search results. Lucky for you, you can get high rankings without having to pay per click with ads because that’s what SEO does! SEO can be broken down into two categories: On-page SEO and Off-page SEO. When it comes to SEO strategies, there are a number of strategies that can help reach your goals. Again, the best strategy would be one that’s tailored to your brand’s specific needs.
93% of Online Experiences Begin With A Search Engine
On-Page SEO is the optimization of your website. Optimizing your website is important for plenty of reasons such as:
- The search engine results pages (SERPs) begins with elements on your website to determine your ranking.
- On-page optimization plays a big role making sure your marketing campaigns are a success.
- It also helps make your web pages convert.
How to Optimize Your Website
To begin On-Page SEO you have to get technical. Having clean codes, mark-ups, and metadata helps search engines crawl your website better. Why is that important? Remember the SERPs we mentioned, they use crawlers to find your website. In addition to finding your website they index your pages. A Crawler can find everything it needs to index your pages appropriately from your source code. Source code is the backbone of your website, we can’t stress the importance enough of making sure there are no problems with your source code.
Relevant search terms or keywords are also used by crawlers to rank your website which is why keyword optimization is a very important piece to the SEO puzzle. Keyword optimization can be broken down into four steps:
How often you optimize your keywords depends on your industry trends and goals.
After the technical side of On-page SEO you’ll then want to start optimizing your pages, we recommend starting with your landing page. Keep in mind search engines, your audience, and your keywords when optimizing your pages.
If checking your source code, snippets, and keyword optimization sound like too much work then schedule a call with us! We know your time is valuable and our proven 5-step approach will get you results.
Off-Page SEO is optimization that’s done away from your website. Some people have a misunderstanding when it comes to Off-page SEO, they think it’s all about links but it’s so much more than that! Although Link building should be high priority in your Off-Page SEO strategy there are a number of activities Off-Page SEO can include. Here are a few examples:
- Content Creation
- Strategic Social Media Activity
The Impact Links Have on Your Search Profile
Links have always affected how a search engine perceives a website. The type of pages that link back to your site can have a significant impact on your brand’s visibility and traffic. As search engines evolve so does the link building process. Link building requires a strategic approach to ensure that your website’s links are composed of genuine website endorsements or relevant citations. You need to make sure the links to your website are “good” ones that improve your standing with search engines and online customers alike.
Organic SEO and Local SEO
At Santa Fe Digital Marketing, we break SEO down into parts: Organic SEO and Local SEO.
Put simply, our Organic SEO packages help potential customers find your business online. With our proven SEO methodology our cost-effective packages boost rankings, drive traffic to your website, and generate more leads for your business.
46% Of Searches On Google Are For Local Businesses
Local SEO can take organic SEO even further! By laser focusing on a specific location, local SEO can drive traffic to your website and your business’ front door! Take a look at our top 3 reasons you should choose Local SEO:
- The Battle for Real Estate on SERPs: The results that appear in the top spot of Organic Search don’t take the top spots in Local Search.
- All the Benefits of Organic SEO: We follow the same process as with organic search but with a few changes aligned with a local strategy.
- Higher Success Rate and Faster Results: You get a combination of marketing tactics that will impact the foot traffic of your business.
Benefits of SEO to Businesses
When done correctly, SEO can deliver long-term results. Here are our top 5 SEO benefits:
- Increase In Traffic
- Increase In Brand Credibility
- Better ROI Than Ads
- Increase Customer Engagement
SEO Tactics to Avoid
As you can see, SEO can significantly benefit your business. If you decide to tackle SEO on your own, make sure to avoid any “bad” tactics that can have a negative impact on your website. Negative impacts such as being blacklisted and not showing in search engines at all. A few tactics to avoid are:
- Cloaking or Misdirection
- Hidden Text
- Keyword Stuffing
- Duplicate and Copied Content
Your Customers Are Out There, Let’s Help Them Find You
If you want some help with your SEO strategy then schedule a call with us today! At Santa Fe Digital Marketing, we understand that a carefully planned SEO strategy is a powerful tool for your business. Our dedicated team, proven approach, and cost-effective solutions are the best way to reach your goals!